- Race either 1 or all races in the series
- Even non finishes get points
- The higher you place the better your points
- Enter the same Category each round:
- Junior Under 18: Male and Female
- Open 18 to 39: Male and Female
- Masters 40 to 49: Male and Female
- 50+ Age: Male and Female
How points are scored:
The Shifty Fifty Format
Each event in the Shifty Fifty event series offers 50km (approx.) courses only. Some courses will have up to 2 laps of a course and each lap may differ. Unless an event host is offering a specific Junior Under 15 short course all other Categories must complete the full course for a result to count
The Series & How it Works
There are 3 rounds in the 2019 series and all rounds count towards your series result
• Junior Under 18: Male and Female
• Open 18 to 39: Male and Female
• Masters 40 to 49: Male and Female
• 50 + Age: Male and Female
1st – 80, 2nd 65, 3rd 55, 4th 48, 5th 43, 6th 38, 7th 33, 8th 29, 9th 25, 10th 22, 11th 20, 12th 19, 13th 18, 14th 17, 15th 16 and 16th to last all get 15 points each.
Did not finish (DNF) will get 15 points
Did not start (DNS) will get 0
At each round: 1st, 2nd and 3rd in every category will be awarded a trophy. Any on the day prizes is up to the individual event host.
Series 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded special series trophies. That’s it, its all bout the bragging rights remember
Age Calculation for categories
Age will be taken as the day of the last event in the series – May 5th 2019
Yes you can PARTICIPATE but…
*You CANOT start in the 10:00 fast group. Instead you have to start anytime between 10:05 and 10:20.
*You have to add the text (e-bike) to your last name on entry or tell us on the day and we will add it.
*You CANOT get a podium place, as we are not creating a category for you, just allowing you to be part of this fun event
*Your results will not count towards a series result.